Dec 21, 2020 • Filed to: USB Recovery • Proven solutions
- Drivers Sunplus Port Devices Gigabit
- Drivers Sunplus Port Devices App
- Drivers Sunplus Port Devices Usb
- Drivers Sunplus Port Devices Inc
Drivers Sunplus Port Devices Gigabit
Have you ever had difficulty connecting your devices to your computer using a Prolific USB to Serial adapter? If yes you are lucky to find this page, it will give you all the information need to fix an unresponsive Serial driver adapter. You may have noticed a yellow exclamation mark hovering over or beside the USB to Serial Driver when searching your Device Manager and if you have we can all agree that it signifies a prevailing problem.
Overview of the Error
If you are not able to connect your device to your PC using a USB to Serial adapter it may be that
- The USB driver is outdated
- The USB Driver is missing
- Or even a corrupted driver
While you can't be so sure what the exact problem is there are solutions you can adopt to fix the issue once and for all. Read on to find quick fixes to resolve the problem.
1# Fix Prolific USB to Serial Driver not Working
Solution: Roll your Prolific USB to Serial Driver back to an older version
- Uninstall and reinstall the driver. The device driver may have become corrupted. Uninstall the driver from Device Manager and scan for new hardware to install the driver again. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions. Restart your computer.
- Windows device driver information for Sunplus MultiMedia Disk The Sunplus MultiMedia Disk is a digital player which allows the user to record and playback a number of multimedia files. It can also connect to a host computer system to allow the computer user to transfer files between the supported hardware component and the host machine.
Updating your drivers often work wonders for your system because it makes sure that it runs on the latest features that guarantee maximum functionality. Unfortunately updating your drivers can cause this kind of error especially if your latest update does not work too well with your hardware. Once you upgrade your PC to the latest Windows version your Prolific USB to Serial Driver also updates to the latest driver software and if the driver is not compatible with your Hardware issues may arise. To correct the error, you will have to download the driver again by following these steps.
Windows may install drivers for select devices, say the graphics card, under certain circumstances. This happens by default for instance when the device is setup, but may also happen when Microsoft pushes driver updates through Windows Updates.
- Right-click on your PC Start button and open Device Manager
- Double click LPT and COM ports then locate the Prolific USB to Serial Driver and right-click it so you can select Update Driver
- For driver software click My computer
- From My computer select 'Let me pick from a list of drivers available'
- Choose an older version from the list then click Next
- The driver you selected will be installed automatically
- Once it has been downloaded reconnect the driver to see if it works.
2# Fix Prolific USB to Serial Driver 'Coder 10'
Driver issues reveal themselves in so many ways or through messages such as
- This device will not start (Code 10)
- There is no driver installed in this device
- The driver was not successfully installed
A code 10 error may arise because the chip you are using is not an original one. If you are using a fake, the manufacturer has a way of disabling it due to copy write infringement and the copy write takes effect once you download a recent update. To protect your PC from getting this code, you will have to make sure that your Windows 10 never updates a driver without approval. Updates come in the form of 64 bit and 32-bit drivers. Below we will show you how to work your way around the problem.
Window 64 bit Fix
To fix Windows 64 bit OS including Prolific USB to Serial Adapter, follow through these steps.
- Download 'PL2303_64bit_Installer.exe and Save
- Remove every USB to Serial adapter from your PC and double click the 'PL2303_64bit_installer.exe
- Follow the prompt by plugging in one USB to Serial adapter the click on Continue
- Reboot your PC to get Windows up and running
If you have followed these process through and you still see the same error go to your device manager
- Open the control panel and navigate to Device Manager
- From your control panel navigate to the System category and click the Hardware tab
- Scroll to the LPT/COM port and double click Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port
- Click Drivers in the Properties section
- The Driver you choose should read '184.108.40.206 with an appropriate date attached
- If the date is wrong then it means the wrong driver was installed
- Unplug the Serial adapter and run the steps again to install the correct driver
Drivers Sunplus Port Devices App
For Windows 32-bit OS systems follow these steps
- You will have to download the 'PL-2303_Driver_Installer.exe and save from Microsoft download link
- Run the program and eradicate the driver if you can
- Run the installer once more to install a correct driver
To Troubleshoot for error if your device still does not work
- Go to Control panel, enter System to access your Device Manager
- Scroll down to the LPT/ COM port then double click Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port
- Click Driver in the Windows Properties section
- The driver must be numbered as '220.127.116.11' and dates accordingly
If the driver was not installed, remove the Serial adapter then run 'PL2303_Driver_Installer.exe' again. Follow directions in Device Manager to download the correct driver
The three solutions listed in this article have proven to be quite helpful in fixing a Prolific USB to Serial driver not working on Windows 10. They may appear confusing at first but if you follow each step in detail you can resolve the issue.
Drivers Sunplus Port Devices Usb
Video Tutorial on How to Fix USB Device Not Recognized
- Recover USB Drive
- Format USB Drive
- Fix/Repair USB Drive
- Know USB Drive
Manufacturer: Sunplus Technology Co.
Caution Level: Intermediate
Download File Size: 3.7 MB
Operating System: Windows NT/XP/2000/98
Latest Version / Release Date: 18.104.22.168 / 04 Aug 2003
Windows device driver information for Sunplus Icatch
The Sunplus Icatch is video camera device from Sunplus Technology and it is used to take photographs of pictures that are visible. It supports platforms consisting of Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 98. This video camera device features a lens barrel. It also has a pick up device that is solid is connected to the lens barrel. It further features rotating device that enables the lens barrel to function. In addition, it has a supporting member which ensures that both the lens barrel and rotating device are positioned in such a way that they can rotate so that the device is able to function. After the picture has been taken the photograph is displayed on either a negative film or a positive film. It works with USB interfaces which is 1.10 version and works at a speed of 12 mb per second.
Unless you update your drivers regularly you may face hardware performance issues.
To check your drivers you should manually verify every device on your system for driver updates
Drivers Sunplus Port Devices Inc
The Sunplus Icatch comes in a wide range of varieties and they are all numbered like Icatch II, IV, VII and they all have different interface numbers as well as having descriptors. This particular driver does not require a hub due to the fact that it is bus powered in its connectivity. The driver works really well since it is designed to ensure that there is alignment of the axes and that dust cannot stick on the lens or the pick up device. The device works much faster when it has been connected to a USB port. This device has to be connected to an application that is supported by Windows XP or else it will not function as it should. The Sunplus Icatch driver also has been designed to feature different transfer modes. This is a reliable and effective device for the user. It is highly recommended you run a free registry scan for Windows and Sunplus Icatch errors before installing any driver updates.